Followers

Monday 11 July 2011

PROJECT

It started off, as these things often do, in hospital.  One minute I was having a frozen pea removed from my nose with a pair of tweezers - how it got there is another story, and why it was no longer frozen when it emerged is something to do with thermal equilibrium - the next, I was gazing down from above on a scene that included myself. Like a helium balloon, I felt inexorably drawn towards the ceiling and could only manoeuvre myself for a better view by pushing myself off any object within reach such as the fluorescent lights.  Having seen a Channel 5 programme on out-of-body experiences no more than a fortnight before, I realised that to continue my adventure, I would have to ensure that as much space as possible was put between my earthly body and my astral projection to stop the two reconverging.  To this end, I bounced myself into the hospital corridor and made for the exit, bobbing as fast as I could. As I emerged into the hospital car-park, I was aware of sound like Velcro being detached which seemed to signal that my two selves had parted for good.  My initial aim was to go where the prevailing winds took me, and just savour the experience.

No comments: